Another Great Game: The Blind Legend
Blind Fold Balling from Blind Kids Friendly Software
A really great free game with in-app purchases.
Attention, all Audio Description users! In Sydney
Ericsson Broadcast and Media Services creates audio description for:
• Feature films
• Short films
• Promotional DVDs
• Film festivals
• Online videos
We want to hear what you think of the examples of Audio Description you’ve experienced so far, including anything produced by us (or when we were operating as Red Bee Media Australia). If you haven’t yet viewed any programs or films with our Audio Description, we’d like to show you some brief examples and hear any feedback you have to offer.
We invite you to attend a Consumer Forum on Saturday 14th November so we can hear your views and exchange ideas in an informal, friendly discussion at our Sydney office, based in Rosebery.
Attending from Ericsson will be in-house audio describers Jo Ellis and Frances Mathey, Client Liaison Manager Iain Humphrey and a member of our technical team to set up our clips and record the event.
Please note, any recording of our discussion will be used strictly within Ericsson for reference purposes only.
This event is hosted solely by Ericsson and not in conjunction with any broadcaster, content producer or legislative body.
The discussion will be followed by light refreshments.
Places are limited, so please RSVP if you’d like to come along and contribute to the discussion!
When: 10:00am-12:00pm, Saturday 14th November 2015
Where: Ericsson Broadcast and Media Services, 5-11 Mentmore Ave, Rosebery NSW 2018
How to get here:
- Link to map (please note, Ericsson is still listed on the map as Red Bee Media Australia): https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Red+Bee+Media+Limited/@-33.911735,151.2049525,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xad11962b432f3d01
- If you will be arriving by car, there is secure, off-street parking inside our front gate, where there will be someone waiting to greet you.
- If you are using public transport, our office is a 15-minute walk from Green Square station on the Airport Line. From Green Square Station, you can also take Bus 309 from the Botany Road stop opposite the station (Stop 201715) to Botany Road near Epsom Road, Zetland (Stop 201717), and then walk left up Epsom Road and turn right onto Mentmore Avenue in 125m.
- If you are coming from Redfern Station, you can walk to Regent Street after Redfern Street (Bus Stop 201622) and catch Bus 309 as above.
- If you are coming from Central Station, you can catch Bus 343 from outside the station on Elizabeth Street near Kippax Street (Stop 20180) to Rothschild Ave opposite Cressy Street in Rosebery (Stop 201835). Walking from there, you turn right from Rothschild Ave into Cressy Street, then take the first right into Mentmore Avenue.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance in finding the venue, otherwise there will be someone waiting to greet you at the front of the Ericsson Building.
RSVP: By Friday 6th November 2015
A Day In My Life Using Apple Products Apple Store Workshop Oct 29 2015 at 5PM
I will be presenting at the Brisbane Apple Store on October 29 at 5pm on how I use Apple products during the course of the day: should be lots of fun.
KNFB Reader Comes to the Google Play Store
We have had the KNFB Reader OCR app for iOs for quite a while, now it is the turn for the Android platform. According to the Play Store, the first 25 scans are free then you have to purchase the app.
In The Future, How Will We Talk To Our Technology
An interesting article on the future of talking to our mobile devices.